Louis from Revolution Hive kindly sent across some advice for our students in Y11 to prepare them for tomorrow’s day of revision strategies. All students were given the following key information in yesterday’s assembly – please ensure the following items are brought in so that students get the most out of the sessions:
- Tools for learning – pens, pencils, highlighters, ruler, compass, glue
- Post it notes if possible
- Revision Guides you may have purchased
- Key texts for subjects you may wish to focus on, eg: English Literature: Romeo and Juliet, Great Expectations, Blood Brothers/An Inspector Calls
- Old workbooks from Year 10 where key texts or topics were studied.
The day is set up to be a ‘full on’ day and students are required to be active throughout, showing resilience and determination to succeed.
Students will have altered timings to their day to allow for these extended sessions, meaning that lunch will be from 1:15 – 1:50. Students are still required to bring along items they need for their normal lesson 4 even though the lesson is slightly shorter than normal from 1:50-2:40.
We wish the students the best of luck tomorrow – hopefully these sessions will help to calm and motivate everybody!